General Rules & Information:
1. Entries & fees for all venues of DANCEFEST must be received (full payment) 10 weeks prior to venue date.
2. Early Bird discount of 20% is applied when fees & entries are received by Friday, October 29, 2021.
3. Fees are accepted through E transfer or by studio cheque. E transfer to: firstname.lastname@example.org If you are mailing a cheque please mail to: Dancefest Inc. - 19 Shelley Lane, Barrie, Ontario L4N 4W4 NSF cheques are subject to a $50 charge. **There are no refunds for entries once submitted.
4. DANCEFEST reserves the right to cancel any competition or to add a day if necessary.
** . (Small studios may not enter more than 115 entries.)
5. Dancers who work as teachers/choreographers and are paid through their studio may enter Dancefest and be awarded but are not eligible for overall awards.
6. Dancers may compete in the following dance genres: Ballet, Pointe, Jazz, Tap, Lyrical, Contemporary, Open, Musical Theatre, Song & Dance, Hip Hop, Acro, Cheer & Street Dance. Any routine (other than acro or open) may have a maximum number of 3 acro tricks only. This is any trick leaving the floor and going head over feet.
7. Categories are as follows: Novice (new to competition) Pre-Competitive (train less than 8 hours per week) , Competitive (has competed before), High School. Dancers who have competed in groups may still compete as a novice when performing a solo or duet/trio. Novice groups must be 75% novice, duet/trios must be 50% novice.
8. Dancers and audience members 12 years & older must show proof of Covid vaccinations when entering a Dancefest venue in 2022.
9. Overall awards are awarded for Novice, Pre-Competitive and Competitive categories in solo, duet/trio, group and lines.
10. Time limits: Solo - 3 minutes maximum, Duet/Trio - 3 minutes maximum, Group/Lines - 4 minutes maximum, Extended Lines - 5 minutes maximum, Production - 10 minutes maximum (includes set up).