General Rules & Information:
1. Entries & fees for all venues of DANCEFEST must be received (full payment) 10 weeks prior to venue date.
2. Early Bird discount of 20% is applied when fees & entries are received by Friday, October 28, 2022.
3. Fees are accepted through E transfer or by studio cheque. E transfer to: email@example.com If you are mailing a cheque please mail to: Dancefest Inc. - 19 Shelley Lane, Barrie, Ontario L4N 4W4 NSF cheques are subject to a $50 charge. **There are no refunds for entries once submitted.
4. DANCEFEST reserves the right to cancel any competition or to add a day if necessary.
5. Dancers who work as teachers/choreographers and are paid through their studio may enter Dancefest and be awarded but are not eligible for overall awards.
6. Dancers may compete in the following dance genres: Ballet, Pointe, Jazz, Tap, Lyrical, Contemporary, Open, Musical Theatre, Song & Dance, Hip Hop, Acro, Cheer & Street Dance. Any routine (other than acro or open) may have a maximum number of 3 acro tricks only. This is any trick leaving the floor and going head over feet.
7. Categories are as follows: Novice (new to competition) Pre-Competitive (train less than 8 hours per week) , Competitive (has competed before), High School. Dancers who have competed in groups may still compete as a novice when performing a solo or duet/trio. Novice groups must be 75% novice, duet/trios must be 50% novice.
8. Overall awards are awarded for Novice, Pre-Competitive and Competitive categories in solo, duet/trio, group and lines.
9. Time limits: Solo - 3 minutes maximum, Duet/Trio - 3 minutes maximum, Group/Lines - 4 minutes maximum, Extended Lines - 5 minutes maximum, Production - 10 minutes maximum (includes set up).
10. Scoring for DANCEFEST is as follows:
High Silver - 84-86.99 High Silver - 80-84.99
Gold - 87-89.99 Gold - 85-87.99
High Gold - 90-91.99 High Gold - 88-89.99
Elite Gold - 92-94.99 Elite Gold - 90-92.99
Outstanding - 95 + Outstanding - 93 +